This video describes the process of tuning the E string on a guitar down to D. The presenter explains this is a great effect for heavy metal and hard rock and makes playing power chords much easier. The method is to listen to the open D string on the guitar and then tune the E string to the same pitch. Since this is the thicker string it will sound one octave lower than the open D string. After the tuning is complete the presenter demonstrates several power chords and how they are much easier to play with drop D tuning.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades